Tuesday 16 April 2013

Welcome back to 1963

Fift years seems like a long time- until you see a retrospective of something that took place fifty years ago today, and you remember it happening! Then it seems like something very recent indeed.
Well, to help me keep track of things, I'm going to post a weekly (sometimes more often) retropsective blog all about- 1963, in chronological order. If things go well, I may be tempted to carry on into 1964, even 1965... who can say!
So, what will the blog be about? In essence, it'll be about 1963- the good, the bad, the indifferent. We'll do politics, social interest (music, sport, lifestyle) and major news events, TV, films, newspapers, comics, magazines, books, and so much more. I'll even throw in the odd item about what I was doing in 1963- drawing, mainly- if it was something good.
Feel extremely free to suggest, ask, beg or demand I do a post about a particular subject- but get it in before the due date.
Nostalgia may not be what it used to be, but 1963 was a fascinating and important year- as we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment